"Social skills are necessary for school success. They affect how you do on the playground, in the classroom, in the workplace" --Dr. Barbara Howard an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an expert on behavior and development." The New York Times
ages 10-14. $75.00 per child.
There is a maximum of 8 children per group.
During the school year, there is a great deal of stress brought on by tests, due dates, shifts in schedules, and even the new responsibilities associated with the start of a new grade or school. This workshop provides kids with strategies to effectively combat nerves and anxieties, while teaching them how to express and cope with these emotions. Lessons will focus on developing the know-how to manage school stress and frustrations, test anxiety, and due dates. Students will also create their own "stress-buster tool kits" that will equip them with coping skills to last a lifetime.
- Coping with school stress and frustrations
- How to tackle test anxiety
- How to make and keep friends
- Time management with looming due dates and deadlines
- Identifying and expressing feelings appropriately
- How to prevent and deal with feeling overwhelmed
- Creative & fun ways to release stress and worries
*we are a nut-free environment and can accommodate dietary needs (please indicate on registration form)
|November, 08, 2015
||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
UPPER WEST SIDE 250 West 85th Street