"Social skills are necessary for school success. They affect how you do on the playground, in the classroom, in the workplace" --Dr. Barbara Howard an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an expert on behavior and development." The New York Times
ages 8-12, $95.00 per child
There is a maximum of 10 children per group.
In our very modern and fast-paced world, there is a great deal of stress brought on by homework, tests, activities, friendships and relationships in general. This workshop provides kids with strategies to effectively combat nerves and anxieties, while teaching them how to express and cope with these emotions. Lessons focus on developing the know-how to manage academic and social stresses. Students leave with a toolkit of coping skills to last a lifetime.
- Coping with school stress and frustrations
- How to tackle test anxiety
- How to make and keep friends
- Time management with looming due dates and deadlines
- Identifying and expressing feelings appropriately
- How to prevent and deal with feeling overwhelmed
- Creative & fun ways to release stress and worries
*we are a nut-free environment and can accommodate dietary needs (please indicate on registration form)