"Social skills are necessary for school success. They affect how you do on the playground, in the classroom, in the workplace" --Dr. Barbara Howard an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an expert on behavior and development." The New York Times
ESSENTIAL WORKSHOP SERIES
ages 4-7. $200.00 per child.
2-part workshop featuring 4 hours of instruction
*kidz:-) and tweenz:-) run simultaneously, but led by separate instructors
There is a maximum of 8 children per group.
In this two session workshop series, children learn the basics of good social skills through interactive games, role-playing, and mini-excursions. They will grasp the importance of mindful behavior, body language, a good handshake, proper introductions, patience, and making friends. The workshop includes a "socialsklz:-) dinner party" and an excursion during which children put their out-and-about skills to use. Each class is two hours.
meet and greet
- The basics of face-to-face interaction and good body language
- How to shake hands and make eye contact
- How to introduce him/herself to peers and adults
- How to make and receive phone calls
go out and about
*During our NYC workshop, instructors will take kids out for 10-12 minutes around the block to practice social skills in public
- How to use stellar social skills in public - at theaters, in-stores and on the street
- How to host and attend a play date
say it best
- How to use courteous words and express gratitude
- The importance of being thoughtful and how to apply it to daily life
- How to write a personal note for someone special
ready, set, dine!
- How to set the table
- How to be the best guest at a dinner party at a home or at a restaurant
- How to use utensils properly
- How to interact at the table
*we are a nut-free environment and can accommodate dietary needs (please indicate on registration form)
|September, 21, 2016
||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
UPPER WEST SIDE 250 West 85th Street