"Social skills are necessary for school success. They affect how you do on the playground, in the classroom, in the workplace" --Dr. Barbara Howard an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an expert on behavior and development." The New York Times
ages 8-12. $75.00 per child.
There is a maximum of 8 children per group.
This workshop is specifically tailored towards building self-esteem and confidence as kids navigate through the ups and downs of the modern world. Students will work side-by-side, learning how to carry themselves with poise and ease, embrace their inner and outer selves, relate to and care about others, respect personal boundaries, and maneuver through self-doubt and social quandaries.
- Carrying yourself with confidence
- Talking, expressing, and asserting yourself with ease and self-assurance
- Speaking up for yourself effectively
- Respecting personal boundaries
- Your self-image: strategies to help feel your best
- Negative vs. positive thinking
- Resolving conflicts with family members and peers
*we are a nut-free environment and can accommodate dietary needs (please indicate on registration form)
|September, 12, 2015
||01:00 PM - 03:00 PM
UPPER WEST SIDE 250 West 85th Street